NOTICE: Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account, requires internet connection.
about the game
Take command of your army and expand your reign in Medieval II
An epic 450 year campaign challenges you to seize control of the medieval world. Fight across Europe, The Middle East and, for the first time ever in Total War, discover the New World and the fearsome Aztecs. A redesigned graphics engine displays Total War’s signature 10,000 man battles in unparalleled detail, making Medieval II: Total War the most glorious looking RTS game of all time. Varied terrain and individual faces, armour and combat animations make battles more visceral than ever before.
However you must also build and manage your kingdom, balancing the needs of your economy, military and population happiness. Experience religious fervour as you contend with the whims of the Papacy and the feared Inquisitors eager to quash heresy. Send your men to fight in The Crusades or wage Jihad as one of the great Muslim nations.
- A grand campaign spanning 1080-1530 and based within Europe, The Middle East and South America
- Command over 250 units taken from 21 factions, each with unique military strengths
- Play as a Christian nation and choose to obey or defy the pope
- Play as a Muslim faction and wage Jihad upon the infidels
- Establish trade routes, send spies to enemy territory, marry daughters to ensnare rival generals or assassinate the Pope to place your cardinals within the Vatican
- Lay siege to enemy cities with awesome medieval weaponry and thousands of men
- Outstanding, genre leading graphics
- Fight up to 8-player battles via internet or LAN
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
- Processor: Celeron 1.5GHz Pentium 4® (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD® processor
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Hard Drive: 11GB of uncompressed free hard disk space
- Graphics: 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound cardand latest drivers
- 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse,keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX® 9.0c
- 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible
- 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
- Internet (TCP / IP) play supported; Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers; LAN play requires Network card.
Important Note: Some cards may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Medieval II: Total War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatibility.
Date Released: 2006-10-15